The Institute for State and Local Governance (ISLG) is an institute within the City University of New York. ISLG’s mission is to assist current and future leaders in government, nonprofit organizations, and the private sector improve the financing, delivery, and measurement of critical public services. ISLG offers research, technical assistance, and education and training to help organizations achieve these improvements.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and working closely with project directors the Communications Analyst will work on a range of tasks, which may include but are not limited to:
- Providing hands-on daily maintenance of ISLG’s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts, including content development
- Monitoring local, state, and national news and social conversation to inform social content and to draft responsive social media messages
- Reviewing, monitoring, collecting, and reporting analytics data for social media accounts
- Editing and updating content for ISLG’s website or sites it manages (including cjii.org and equalityidicators.org)
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing email communications with subscribers
- Collaborating with other staff on new ideas, approaches, and tools for communicating with ISLG’s audience
- Other tasks as needed to support ISLG’s work.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of demonstrated professional experience in communications, public relations, public affairs, marketing, and/or digital and social media preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of available social media tools and platforms
- Familiarity with the following programs:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- The ability to understand and adopt ISLG’s “voice” (conversational tone, informed about the issues but able to talk about them in accessible way to others who may not know much about the topic but are interested)
- Knowledge of NYC’s social service, criminal justice, and/or related system landscape is a plus
- Excellent time management skills and experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Ability to prioritize and work on a number of tasks simultaneously
- An exceptional commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, discretion, and judgment
- Excellent writing skills
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits and is located in New York City. Salary range: $45,000–$55,000 depending on the level of experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=VB-1904-003031. You will need to submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and interests and attach your curriculum vitae. Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application review will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The CUNY Institute for State and Local Governance and the Research Foundation of the City University of New York are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/ E-Verify Employer
For more information about any of these positions, please contact Monica.SanJuan@islg.cuny.edu.